Wednesday, March 30, 2011

First Day on the Blog

Wow oh wow.  It's Wednesday morning and its my first day on the blog.
Today, I have been listening to this song I learned about two weeks ago. It's "I'm Not Who I Was" by Brandon Heath.  See, me and about...40ish people did this thing called a cardboard testimony for the song.  It's pretty sweet and yea, I did shed some tears!!!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=577270573095&oid=137191576337901&comments
When I was standin in line with all these people, it made me realize how they've all helped change me and shape me into who I am right now.  Had it not been for them, I would have never even written a "flipside" on my cardboard.
I don't think we always realize the roles that people play in our lives.  Most of those 40 people I see once or twice a year if I'm lucky.  Yeah I  know it sucks right?  But that little bit of time that we get to spend together can be the best experience in our lives.  We just need to step back, look at our situations, then jump back in and take advantage of them with the help of those around us.  We'll then find the joy we've looked for all along.

 The best two weeks of my life.
Me and Tay with our adopted cabin, we basically became 'ninetuplets' by the end of our second week.  Not to mention our joyous swag is pretty hot.

Seeing the joy in others can bring out the best in us as well.  Rock out and don't stop.

 Joy in the pits? You bet. Lettin the kids win? Duh.
It's a Win/Win situation.
Joy in a Bag. Oops, excuse me, Joy in a Satchel.

Joy in a team.


Joy is all around us, and it's worth looking for.

CILTs Session 2 2010...We Found Joy.

2 comments:

  1. Soaps this is wonderful. I think you're so right that the little bit of time we get to spend with these people makes a profound impact on who we are. It's pretty cool how it works. And then we get to go and spread that joy to the people in our lives at home. Keep sharing that joy.

    ReplyDelete